Monday, November 1, 2010

PLN13

The article, “Googley Advice” matters to me because I want to learn what companies look for in a worker, to education because schools should maybe do a little more to adjust to what business are looking for, and to the world because what this article talks about is what most businesses are looking for.  Basically, this article was about what Google looks for when hiring people, and also what makes great workers, not just in their eyes, but in many other businesses’ as well.  I want to learn what companies look for in a worker, so if I am good at that certain skill, I can show it off.  If I have troubles with a skill that businesses like Google look for, I can work hard to improve, so that I am well-rounded in the business community.  From an education standpoint, schools should try to adjust to what many businesses look for in workers so that they are better equipped with the necessary tools needed to be successful in the working world.  After all, that’s the school’s job isn’t it?  Since most business look for specific skills, the world as a whole should putting huge emphasis on the importance of have these skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment