Wednesday, November 3, 2010

PLN14

The article, “You Know This is True” by Will Richardson matters to me because at this moment, grades are what matter most to me in education, to education because I know many kids who also have the same mindset, and to the world because we need more students that want to learn.  This article was about how many students are very willing to learn, they just listen in class and get good grades and that’s that.  What is missing is the “want to learn” part from students.  Our culture in which we live in might play a big role in this because many parents put pressure on their children to ace that test or get a good grade, but leave out the wanting to learn part out.  Even in myself, my main goal in education is to get a good grade in a class.  If I get a good grade in a class, I move on without retaining the information, which is the most important part.  I am not the only one with that idealism.  The majority of my friends and fellow students are the same.  In the world, we need more students who are willing to learn because history has shown that great inventions or ideas have come mostly from curiosity, which many students today are missing.  How we fix this? I don’t know, but I am glad Will Richardson brought this issue up and center.

15 comments:

  1. Greeat job, next time stop swaying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job. the article you chose was a very relevant topic to school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jack he isent swaying but becides for that very good job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good final question, nice eye contact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good job, practice a little bit next time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good connection to the famous people who didn't do well in school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good presentation and nice question!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bla Bla Bla good job, nice question

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great topic, great conversatoin, great question.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I disagree but you had a over all great speech

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice presentation, look at your audience more often. Very nice thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great presentation. Awesome question

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought you were well prepared and had lots of good points. I thought you could use the word like less, but other than that I think you aced your presentation.

    ReplyDelete