Thursday, November 4, 2010

PLN16

The article “Qualities of an Effective Teacher (revisited)” matters to me because I, too, also recognize the significance of a great teacher, to education because great education from teachers means a better student, and to the world because the article states the teachers are some of the most powerful people in the world.  This article was mainly about the significance and qualities of a good of a good teacher.  All of the characteristics that the author said were accurate about what is needed to be a good teacher, in my opinion.  To me, knowing that I have a great teacher who I really listen to makes a world of a difference.  I find that the better teacher I have the better grade I get, pretty simple concept.  I also know many students who share that same joy.  In middle school, many students, including me, had worse grades then they do this year.  One reason could be that high school actually counts for something and will follow you the rest of your, but the other could be better teachers.  At AHS I and many other students find that the teachers in general are better quality, than the teachers at middle school.  I thought it was interesting that at the end of the article the author said that teachers are some of the most powerful people in the world.  I have never really thought about this but I have to agree.  Teachers are the ones who are supposed to be people who are helping us become successful in the future, and what we learn and take away from them can impact decisions that we make.

No comments:

Post a Comment