Thursday, October 7, 2010

PLN9

The article “Rigor Redefined” by Tony Wagner, matters to myself because I am a student on my way to becoming a worker, and I need to know what businesses are looking for when they hire young workers, to education because some of the best schools aren’t preparing students to go into the work force properly, and this matters to the world because if workers aren’t properly equipped with the tools to succeed in the global economy, then performances of businesses have a risk of going down.  This article was mainly about how many businesses are seeing a lack in critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, leadership, agility, adaptability, initiative, entrepreneurism, effective oral and written communication, analyzing information, curiosity and imagination.  Knowing what businesses are looking for can really help me be successful because I can show off the skills that I already have that businesses are looking for or I can try to improve on the skills I need to work on.  If some of the best schools are not teaching effectively and preparing there students for the work world, then it can be very harmful to economies all around the world.  This is not coming from a philosopher; this is coming from businesses that are looking to hire US.

1 comment:

  1. Jake- your topic sentence is detailed, but a huge run-on sentence. Good use of the vocab word.

    ReplyDelete