Sunday, October 24, 2010

PLN10

The post, “A Conversation with My Students”, by Karl Fisch matters to me because I am a student wanting to become a better student, as well as a person, to education because this is a different perspective on what Mr. Fisch bases success on, and thinks that many other teachers should deliver the same message, and this matters to the world because Mr. Fisch thinks that that students in general are getting the wrong message, about how they define success.  This post by Karl Fisch was about how he doesn’t define success with his students by grades and success in school, or even about their labor future sand getting a good job.  He defines success for him as if his students turn out to be good, kind, and caring adults.  This is an interesting concept to me because I have never really thought of teachers as people who should help you build you character.  I have always thought of teachers as people who help you to get information into your brain.  Mr. Fisch takes it to a whole new level.  This shows great commitment and character on his part.  Now the students and I have to play our role.

No comments:

Post a Comment