Wednesday, September 29, 2010

PLN8

In the article, "Audit: 49 school districts show signs of financial weakness", by Tim Hoover of the Denver Post, this article matters to me, education, and the world for many reasons.  This article matters to me because I am a student in Colorado and I am in a public school, so I am in a Colorado school district.  The article says that there are 178 school districts in Colorado and 49 of them show financial weakness.  That to me is astounding.  This matters to education obviously because if that many school districts show signs of financial weakness, this my lead to schools cutting back on supplies and helpful resources needed to teach.  Lastly, this article matters to the world because this problem can be connected to the overall U.S. economy and what the condition of it is.  If the U.S. economy isnt doing well, then other countries' economys crumble as well because the United States plays such a big role in the worlds' economy.

1 comment:

  1. Jake- this is a good entry but I want you to work on expanding on your topic sentences to be more specific about what matters and why it matters rather than using the general topic sentence format- this will help you become a better writer. There are a few proofreading errors and you need to hyperlink your title as well. Good work

    ReplyDelete