Sunday, September 19, 2010

PLN7

In the video, "The Machine is Us/ing Us", it matters for many reasons.  First of all it talks about how text isnt just text anymore.  First it was just regular text, then links, and then multimedia like pictures and video and so on.  This matters to me for a couple reasons.  It matters to me because technology is changing so fast that I dont even notice it.  I can really relate to the title.  Sometimes I feel like a machine using technology like the computer.  Another reason why this matters to me is because I am a user of technology and I must pay attention to technology related topics.  This matters to education because it may change the way schools teach in general.  Instead of just writing or typing in general there might be more a use of multimedia like making videos for example.  Finally this matters to the world because we keep advancing in technology as time goes on.  On the video it said that 100 billion web pages are visited each day.  That is astounding in my mind.  After watching this video and really thinking about it, I would have to agree that we are the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment